Tuesday 28 December 2010

chewing gum stretch





I asked Mike if I was able to create my chewing gum idea, it basically uses a combination of masks, layers and outlines around the type (which is pasted from illustrator). It enables me to individually choose anchor points and move them as an animation. I wanted to use them to stretch the word as if it was sticky, a bit like chewing gum. 

This was just a rough video, as I got used to using the anchor points and using the layers/masks, 



This was my chewing gum idea, finished.. sort of. I wasn't happy with it, I think the imagery I had in mind for this short animation didn't match up to the one I produced. It looks a bit too harsh and straight edged. I could visualise and communicate it better through Photoshop, but it was a bit harder on Illustrator.


No comments:

Post a Comment