Tuesday 28 December 2010

getting used to AfterEffects,


Untitled    .


I went with the idea of each individual letter falling and then bouncing once it hit the floor. However, when I watched it over and over again I realised that it did a better job communicating fall, then bounce. I can't rely on what the letters spell out to help communicate it. Also, when adding the video to the render que it didn't finalise properly so it cut off the last second of the animation.



Untitled .

This was an idea where I imagined the letters as little animals of some sort, just.. bouncing around? But the idea was a little dull and I felt it didn't communicate 'bounce' that well so, I scratched it. 




Untitled    .

I quite liked this idea, the large 'B' made my screen shot that little more interesting looking, and I also liked how the letters were all jumbled up so they did almost become shapes, the idea of a pinball type machine seems easier to communicate.



Untitled   .

This was a simple idea, nothing special



Untitled  .

I liked this idea of a computer screen, the word 'click' being typed out, the keyboard being typed, clicked. I also used one of the methods on AfterEffects, where when you add a key frame you also add one letter, so it gives that look as if it is being typed.




This was quite simple, it was just a matter of stretching the word. I used the transformation effects that are available on AfterEffects, including skew, perspective etc...



This was just testing out using the opacity effect, I also added the effect to each individual letter, so each letter fades out (or in) separately.




This communicates 'stretch' quite bluntly, I just used the scale effects, widening and compressing the word, to make it look as if it is being stretched.

No comments:

Post a Comment