Friday 12 November 2010

the bottle

When it came to the bottle design, I thought about how it could be placed on the bottle. 
I think I want the bottle to look good individually, but also as a range, photographed together. It would look quite sharp and clean if all the heads lined up together when the bottles were in a line, I thought about having the label skimmed along the bottom of the bottle, however, I want to be able to produce this myself and photograph it nicely, and the label wouldn't stay up. 
To ensure my product looks clean and professional, and also works nicely, I decided to go for a classic belly band, with a simply bottle style. 
I had looked at different bottle styles in the shop, but the 'This Water' one seemed to work the best.






I will be printing onto actual belly bands, these are just mock ups to test out how they look on bottles.

I think I need to experiment with a contrasting colour that can sit somewhere on the bottle's design? Maybe a strip of colour behind the type? Something bold, at the moment I'm not sure if it all seems a little wishy washy. This could be because it all looks so white, as it has been done all clean and vectorised on Illustrator.

I do like the logo being on top of the bottle cap though, and also the bottle cap being the colour that runs throughout the design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment