Wednesday 17 November 2010

juice bottle production and photographing

I had always thought about how I was going to make the juice the extreme colours I wanted. I had thought about food colouring, or photoshopping the colour, with added hue and contrast?
Turns out watercolours were perfect:


I tried to match up the colours perfectly to the colour that runs througout the label. 
Even though the juice looks a little bright then your average juice, the type of responses I received were, 
"Would be sweet if juice was really that colour"
"You're making me really want some juice"
"They look tasty"

Even though the bright colours look a little like paint, I think with the labels and the fact that the orange juice is actually completely natural, it kinda evens everything out into being, a brightly coloured juice.


Final shots. 
These are screen shots of the photographs I took that I then edited slightly to use for my boards.
front view

side view, you can see the back of the bottle slightly

side view 2 

Back of bottle


I am pleased with how my bottles of juice have turned out. 
I was worrying about a few things, like how the labels would look as a set, the colour of the juice and also whether the labels would fit perfectly. 
I think the labels balance out well, a large image on the front, is balanced with delicate, simple type behind.

I'm just hoping the juice doesn't look too much like paint.

1 comment: