Monday 28 February 2011

Image, book design development

I thought about incorporating a circle in the design, I had seen an image I liked (design context), it was an image that was placed inside a circle. I had the idea of having the individual fish in what could be a representation of a fish bowl? 




I liked the stencil version of the fish, the block colour is striking, it's another way of communicating the fish, rather than just having the painted fish in the centre. How could I include it though? I still wanted to include the paintings, they draw more aspects out of the content, more colour and further detail, involvement with the fish. Also more interesting?
Nice on it's own?


A fish on one side of the page seemed a bit pointless, the layout lost a sense of minimalism and just became too random. 


I liked involving all three images, it almost seems like a really simple image based biography of the fish? The large circle is still the centre of attention, and still is open for interpretation. However, there is the painted version below for support and purpose...and more to look at? I added the silhouette to add some clarity of the fishes outline, also to balance the layout, and add further purpose of the specific colour. It is after all, colour coded.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Experimenting with different fish&colour





I thought all the lines that build on themselves had managed to fit, but I hadn't moved the strips up for red, pink and purple. 
SLIMMER LINE?


Precise proportions, circles have to be same size on each page, distance between things etc...
DOTTED LINE?


I think I prefer the page without the line, it seems pointless, I can't remember why I added it in the first place, maybe as a sort of direction? small representation of a mind map? I think no dotted line is best.

TYPE?








I'm now starting to doubt this completely... 

I thought about just having the circle in the middle then the fish slightly off-centred, as if it was swimming out? 

This looked a little bit too much like a front cover, 
I tried moving the second line so it wasn't centred, maybe reduce size of the type?




No comments:

Post a Comment