Friday 4 March 2011

These old photographs, have no colour

I decided to change my idea last minute, this was probably not the best way to use the amount of time I had been given originally, but I was just wasn't relating much with the other fish book. I had thought that my idea with the fish book had given me a lot of work to do in a short amount of time, and the final outcome may not even be that visually engaging. People look at tropical fish books, normally to see the colours/patterns, generally how the fish looks. My idea, although may look interesting, wouldn't be a very exciting book to flick through. 
My design context blog posts recently have been a lot of old photographs, I have always liked them. I wanted to just make a small book with a good selection of them inside. 
Design idea:
Quite a simple design? I cut them to circles in Photoshop, then placed them into InDesign.



I thought about having a circle cut out of the front cover, in the right place so that the photograph on the second page shows through?
I'm not sure what text to have underneath? maybe something poetic, or a simple description



No comments:

Post a Comment