Thursday 6 January 2011

final ideas























bounce
I chose this one as one of my final 5 second animations. I thought it communicated  bounce quite well, I also liked how the screen wasn't just the word in the center of the page. It came from the imagery of a pin ball machine, bouncing the letters, hitting them against walls.
 



click again, with the 'c' and the 'l' separated,






















click
I visualised this short animation in my head as a computer screen, clicking the buttons that spelt out 'click'. I'm not sure, watching it over and over again, if it communicates 'click'?  




















stretch

I copied and pasted outlines in Illustrator so I was able to stretch individual anchor points in AfterEffects.






















stretch
I was going to just have the word 'stretch', stretching as if it was elasticated, but then I added a layer on top which showed the word stretch being pulled from different corners. I used the same method I did for the other stretch, where I use a mask layer, and then copy and paste the outlines, so I can manipulate each anchor point.


  

Basically, I'm not proud of any of these short animations. It could be because I have played them over and over again, and find them boring and not that creative? Maybe I am just really bad on AfterEffects, but when I visualised the animation in my head, as soon as I created it on AfterEffects it looked so much worse. It could just be a lack of connection with this particular brief. I am really interested in Design for screen, I don't think I have been able to express this passion much through this brief. Although having saying this, I have definitely learnt a few basics on AfterEffects, I had never used it before so in terms of learning, this brief has been successful. I just don't like the outcomes I produced.  

No comments:

Post a Comment