Wednesday 12 January 2011

Silent movie - crit & evaluation

Problem Analysis -

  • Title safe area for some of the videos!
  • Appropriate response to each word, some really inventive ideas

Visual Quality - 
  • Good amount of visual investigation, have you considered other typefaces or colours? Work well as range though
Technical Quality- 
  • Confident use of AfterEffects without too many 'effects'. Storyboard ideas show development and sequential thinking

ACTION PLAN

  • I want to experiment much more with AfterEffects, obviously I can't learn everything because it is a very vast piece of software, but there is a lot more I can learn, which can make my creativity more apparent 
  • I also realised I completely forgot to test out my animations with a variety of fonts and colours. I think I stuck to black and white mainly because of the brief but I could've experimented much more. Also, fonts could be a main influence when communicating something, so there is massive scope to experiment with them.
  • I also didn't play around much with how a word looks on screen, e.g depth of field, perspective etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment