Wednesday 19 January 2011

testing out how to animate basic walking,






These were some very short and simple animations I did to test out how to animate a man walking. The process is called 'parent child relationship', it's basically where (on after effects), you enable one part/object a parent type of role, and the other parts are all the children. This means that the children are able to follow the parent, but still able to do their own thing at the same time. I labeled the man's body as the parent, and his legs and arms as children. This way they all go in the same direction, but I could move the legs appropriately. This did actually take me a while, I don't know what it is about after effects, maybe it's my lack of skill on the software, but it never looks THAT good. Hopefully when I include type, and deal with my illustrations it will look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment