Monday 24 January 2011

Illustrations for animation,




This is the final background I chose, simple, plain colours so that the bright colours of the characters stand out.

Testing out different styles of walking men, I was influenced by Sasek, Oliver Jeffers and Quentin blake. I have decided to use the middle one on the top row, I think it looks simple and a little quirky, but not too childish like the first (very Oliver Jeffers). I was thinking about my target audience and thought that I can promote a programme using illustrations, but not so that they are too childish looking, otherwise the wrong message could be communicated. 


Here are the characters I illustrated, I used a dipping pen to add definition and extra detail, but I wanted to keep them quite simple. 


The style of illustrations might not immediately communicate 'daredevil', but I wanted to do something a little different. Also, it's a title sequence so I aim to 'advertise' it? Not necessarily show content that will actually be in the programme running? With the right music as well accompanying it. I guess the delicateness of the illustrations originated from looking at the poster for 'Man on Wire'. The man walking across the wire isn't aggressive or vibrant, but probably calm and concentrated. Delicate?

No comments:

Post a Comment